japanese kitchen knife KAI 24 cm SHUN first damask steel Tim Malzer series
blade dimensions 24 cm
Care and Employment Tips
The high quality knives must be cared for, so that you can always be satisfied with their sharpness and longevity.
- Before their first use, it is necessary to rinse them once with very hot water.
- After each use, clean the blade immediately without using harsh detergents and wipe with a soft, dry cloth. For your safety, it is best to wipe the knife by the back of the blade not by the cutting edge.
- Rinse the knife immediately after using aggressive substances such as lemon juice, for example.
- Never put the knives in a dishwasher. This can affect not only the material but also the sharpness of the blade.
- As a cutting base, never use glass or granite surfaces. They are easy to maintain, but damage the sharp edge of even the toughest steel. Use only boards made of wood or not too hard plastic.
- When storing your knives, be careful not to put them in contact with other metal objects. So you will avoid damaging the cutting edge. At best, store them in a gift box, in a wooden drawer case or, for Japanese boards, in a wooden case.
- Do not use knives to cut bones , bones or frozen foods.